Dovilla Announces Funding For Capital Projects Across Northeast Ohio
COLUMBUS—State Representative Mike Dovilla (R-Berea) applauded House passage of the capital appropriations bill, which authorizes over $30 million for community projects throughout Cuyahoga County.
4/8/2014, 4:15 p.m.
“This bill, when enacted, will create jobs across Northeast Ohio in construction, manufacturing, healthcare, and tourism, among
other industries,” said Rep. Dovilla. “I am particularly pleased that Cleveland will be the location for the only Proton Therapy
Center in Ohio to treat cancer patients at University Hospitals due in part to funding provided in this bill. Additionally, the
renovation of our important cultural centers such as the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Cleveland Zoo, Playhouse Square, and our
investment in the Cleveland Institute of Art will assist in boosting tourism and economic development throughout our area.”
Projects funded in Cuyahoga County include:
· University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center Proton Therapy Center;
· West Side Market Renovations;
· Case Western University Think[box];
· Playhouse Square Foundation Ohio Theatre Restoration;
· Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Savanna Ridge Enterprise Zone;
· University Circle Incorporated Cozad-Bates Renovation;
· Cleveland Institute of Art Campus Unification Project; and
· Cleveland Museum of Art Renovation and Expansion.
A full list of funded projects may be found at http://www.lsc.state.oh.us.
The capital appropriations bill will now move to the Ohio Senate for further consideration.